We want you to enjoy your Bysanaah candle to the fullest while also thinking about your safety. We believe that candles should crackle. That’s why we use our crackling wooden wicks. Wood wick candles function differently than than traditional cotton Wick candles. Read these safety instructions carefully before burning your candle.
- Keep the wick short.
Seriously, this is the most important tip we can give you. Trim the wick before your first burn. Before your next burn, use the back of a lighter or butter knife to knock off the burnt bits of the wick, then light! If the wick is too long, it cannot absorb the wax and burn properly. Most problems with wood wick candles can be solved by trimming the wick!
- Burn in 2-4 hour increments.
Your first burn should last 60+ minutes so the wax can melt evenly. An uneven wax pool can drown the wick & cause lighting problems. To preserve longevity of scent in the candle, do not burn longer than 4 hours at a time.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
Extinguish all candles when you go to sleep or leave the room.
- Never burn candles near flammable items
- Don't place burning candles near curtains, furniture, etc.
- Place burning candles on a stable, heat-resistance surface.
- Make sure the surface is large enough to catch melted wax.
- Only burn candles in well ventilated areas.
- Extinguish the candle if it smokes, if the flame is too high or if the flame comes to close to the edges or bottom of the jar.
- Keep burning candles away from pets and children.